CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK CLASSIC
The famous four day Choquequirao trek is one of the most beautiful and spectacular treks in the Cusco region. On this trek you will see the great Choquequirao ruins and have a real adventure enjoying the spectacular views of snow-capped mountains, great valleys, and amazing canyons. You will also see native animals such as andean Condors, birds, and native flora and fauna such as orchids and so much more. This is still a challenging hike, even for those who are trained! This is truly a unique experience in a lifetime not to be missed! We are specialized in this amazing route and offer the most frequent departures with experienced and professional guides.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCAAt 5:00 am we pick you up at your hotel, and then drive in our private transport to Capuliyoc (2,850m/9,407ft) for four hours. Along the way there are spectacular views of villages, valleys and snow-capped mountains. Once at Cachora we meet our horsemen and pack all our equipment onto the horses.
After enjoying a boxed breakfast we start walking to Capuliyoc until lunch time where we enjoy great views of Apurimac Canyon, snow-capped mountains such a Padreyoc (5,571m/18,387ft) and the location of Choquequirao. After lunch we descend for two hours to our first campsite at Chiquisca (1,900m/6,270ft), here we spend the night.
DAY 2: CHIQUISCA - MARANPATA - CHOQUEQUIRAOAfter an early breakfast we descend to the magnificent Apurimac River (1,550m/5,117ft) and then walk uphill to the rural village of Maranpata (2,850m/9,350ft) where we have lunch whilst enjoying the spectacular views of the archeological site of Choquequirao (3,150m/10,397ft). Then we will walk through a myriad of flora and fauna to the magnificent archeological site of Choquequirao where a private guided tour awaits us in the afternoon.
During the tour we will explore all the important sections, such as: palaces, temple, ritual water fountains, amazing Usnu (ceremonial platform), agricultural terraces, llama´s section and much more. Finally we head back to our second campsite located just 20 minutes from the Choquequirao ruins, where we will have our high tea and dinner.
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO - CHIQUISCAAfter an early breakfast we will complete to explore some of the stunning sections of Choquequirao ruins and then we head back towards the rural community of Maranpata for lunch.
Afterwards we descend to the magnificent Apurimac River (1,550m/5,117ft) for three hours; finally we walk up a moderate hill for one hour to our third evening´s campsite at Chiquisca (1,990m/6,270ft)
DAY 4: CHIQUISCA - CACHORA - CUSCOAfter a delicious breakfast, we walk up a moderate hill towards the Capuliyoc pass. Once there we may enjoy the spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and the Apurimac Canyon. Then we walk for two more hours towards Cachora (2,850m/9,407ft) for lunch.
Afterwards we take our private transport to the archeological site of Saywite with a lot of time to explore it. Finally our private transport will bring us back to Cusco at your hotel, arriving in the evening.
What is Included?
- Pick-up at your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Private transport from Cusco to Cachora (starting point of the trek) and Cacchora to Cusco
- Entry fee to Choquequirao and other Inca sites
- English speaking, experienced and professional guide
- Comfortable tents with two people in a four-person tent
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you’re feeling exhausted
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent
- Tent for our staff to sleep in
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- Basic foam sleeping mattresses
- Private Guided tour at each archeological site
- 7 kilos of your personal items such as extra clothes and sleepingbag will be carried by our mules
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
- Sleeping bag adequate for temperature of minus 10°c ($20 for the duration of the trek)
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage above that of the personal item allowance
Thank you for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!
We will do everything in our power to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Terms and Conditions
Please, After your deposit, send Us, Transfer Number to: email@example.com, After we are going to confirm your deposit and reservation.
Thank you so much for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!!!.