CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK IMPERIAL
The famous four day Choquequirao trek is one of the most beautiful and spectacular treks in the Cusco region. On this trek you will see the great Choquequirao ruins and have a real adventure enjoying the spectacular views of snow-capped mountains, great valleys, and amazing canyons. You will also see native animals such as andean Condors, birds, and native flora and fauna such as orchids and so much more. This is still a challenging hike, even for those who are trained! This is truly a unique experience in a lifetime not to be missed! We are specialized in this amazing route and offer the most frequent departures with experienced and professional guides.
DAY 1: CUSCO – CACHORA – CHIQUISCA:We leave Cusco at 6:00 in the morning, in the direction of the village of Cachora, (2850msnm) from where we begin our trek. We trek for around 3 hours until the place called Capuliyoc, where we can see in the distance the archeological site of Choquequirao, in the canyon of Apurimac. We have a snack there while enjoying landscape and possibly condors.
Afterwards we continue our descent for about 3 more hours to our campsite at Chiquisca (1950msnm).
DAY 2: CHIQUISCA – CHOQUEQUIRAO:After breakfast, very early, we return to the trek, descending until the Puente Rosalinas (1550msnm) where we cross the Apurímac river to begin the ascent to our first rest stop, Santa Rosa. Here we can enjoy chicha de caña (cambray) and after continue climbing until the small village of Maranpata where we will have lunch with a beautiful view of the mountain edges and Choquequirao.
Afterwards, we continue to our campsite close to Choquequirao (2850msnm). If the tourists have extra energy, they can visit the archeological site in the afternoon to enjoy the sunset and gliding condors, later descending to the campsite.
DAY 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO:Today we have the whole day to explore all the corners of the Choquequirao citadel. We will have guided tour of this amazing place once inhabited by Incas including recently rediscovered Llama Sector.
You will be taken to the ceremonial water fountains – the best place in Choquequirao to see condors and snow covered peaks around. After enjoying lunch in this beautiful scenery you will have time to explore the place by yourself.
DAY 4: CHOQUEQUIRAO — COCAMASANA:On the 4th day, after we are satisfied with our visit of Choquequirao, we begin our return trip by the same route towards Maranpata. We descend until the Apurimac river from where we make our ascent to Chiquisca.
There we can take a nice shower under banana trees to relax from the heat. We have our lunch and continue our climb until we reach our campsite, Cocamasana.
DAY 5: COCAMASANA – CACHORA – CUSCO:On this day, we continue climbing for some 3 hours until the view point of Capuliyoc where we can see for the last time the Inca construction of Choquequirao. Later we continue our trek in the direction of Cachora where we will have our last lunch and say goodbye to the staff that helped us, and take the bus to return to Cusco. We leave you at your hotel.
On the last day tourist have an option to visit hot springs in Conoc located along the road back from Cachora to Cusco.
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to Cachora, starting point of the trek
- Choquequirao entrance fee for visitors and agency staff
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks. Our tents are 3-season, highly maintained to ensure an excellent performance in field. Eureka Timberline 4 Outfitter tents are employed when double accommodation is requested and Eureka Timberline 2XT for single travelers
- One inflatable sleeping pad per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- Toilet tent with biodegradable toilet facilities
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 9kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag)
- 1 emergency horse every 6 persons
- Accommodation for all our staff
- Meals (04B, 05L, 04D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Filtered boiled water from lunch time on 1st day onwards
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- Bio-degradable dishwashing detergents used by our kitchen staff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Private transport from Cachora to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
- Breakfast the first day
- Dinner the last day
- Tips for personnel: guide, cook, wranglers (according to their job)
- Sleeping bags (they can be rented in the office)
- If you would like to rent an additional horse, the cost is $10 per day
- Tickets to hot springs in Conoc
Thank you for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!
We will do everything in our power to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Terms and Conditions
Please, After your deposit, send Us, Transfer Number to: firstname.lastname@example.org, After we are going to confirm your deposit and reservation.
Thank you so much for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!!!.