INCA TRAIL SHORT
This hike is a terrific option for those who want to experience the beauty and wonders of arriving to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail, but have less time or physical ability to do a more extended trek. On our first day we take a lovely hike to the archeological complex of Winay Wayna, then follow the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
DAY 1: CUSCO - WIÑAY WAYNA - MACHU PICCHU - AGUAS CALIENTESWe pick you up from your hotel at 05.30am and take you to San Pedro train station to board the train that will take us to km.104 on the Cusco – Machu picchu railroad (starting point of the hike), where we arrive at around 10:00 am. We start visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex (2150m/7052ft), located very close to the control point, to then embark upon an 8 km ascending trail, which after four hours takes us to the archaeological complex of Wiñaywayna (2650m/8692ft). This is an impressive complex made up of an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector.
On the way up we may enjoy magnificent views of the Urubamba River valley and the Choquesuysuy archaeological complex located on the other side of the river, and also of a beautiful waterfall located just a few minutes away from Wiñaywayna. We then continue and climb to Intipunku, or The Sun Gate. This will take an hour of hiking along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in highland jungle. From this fabulous spot, we may contemplate the sacred citadel of Machu picchu. From Intipunku we descend to Machupicchu and then by bus to Aguas Calientes. We are then accommodated at the selected hotel/hostel.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCOWe wake up early and board a bus to Machu picchu where we begin a complete guided tour of the Inca citadel that will take approximately two hours. You will then have free time to walk around, climb up the Huaynapicchu Mountain, where one can experience spectacular views of all of Machu picchu, the valleys and mountains that surround it, or visit the Temple of the Moon or the impressive Inca Bridge.
In the afternoon, we meet in the town of Aguas Calientes where, if you like, you can visit and relax in its hot springs. From here we take the train back to the city of Cusco, where we arrive after nightfall.
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing one day before to start hiking in your hotel (18:30 pm).
- Pick up: hotel- train station (Ollantaytambo).
- Entry to Inca Trail.
- Proffesional and bilingual tour leader.
- 01 breakfast, 01 lunch, 01 dinner.
- Entry to Machupicchu.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen bottle.
- Train ticket from ollantaytambo to km. 104.
- Bus ticket to descend from Machu picchu to Aguas calientes. Bus ticket for the second from Aguas calientes to Machu picchu to Aguas calientes.
- Train ticket from Aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo – Cusco (main square of Cusco).
- First breakfast.
- Last lunch (aguas calientes).
- Snacks, water.
Thank you for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!
We will do everything in our power to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Terms and Conditions
Please, After your deposit, send Us, Transfer Number to: email@example.com, After we are going to confirm your deposit and reservation.
Thank you so much for choosing Machu Picchu RPB Tours!!!.